Our Staff

Our Staff
Management Staff At Gray Knob Kennels

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Meet the Staff



My name is Vickie Lawson:   I am a Certified Master Groomer, completing the 12 week course at Concord School of Grooming in 2004. I belong to IBPSA (International Boarding & Pet Services Association) formerly ABKA (American Boarding Kennel Association).  I am also a Certified Pet Care Technician.  I am the proud owner of Gray Knob Kennels; we have been in business since 2004.

I am married to Darrell Lawson who helps me maintain the kennels. We have a very large family of furry babies - 3 Papillons Bandit, Cooper and Annie; 2 Labs Maggie and Cocoa; 2 Shelties Karly and Katie; a Maltese named Snoopy and a Rat Terrier mix named Barney.

As owner of Gray Knob Kennels I am very “Hands On” in running my business and am committed to making sure each and every pet has an enjoyable and stimulating stay.  We know the importance of teamwork and together we strive to provide a fantastic experience for your furry companions.  It is our hope that, when choosing a boarding facility for the care of your pet, you will choose Gray Knob Kennels to provide exemplary, compassionate and affordable pet services and care.



My Name is Haylee Russell: I graduated from Midway High School in 2010 and before working at Gray Knob Kennels I worked at Ratchets Bar & Grill and Sports Clips. Growing up I had lots of pets and have always loved dogs and decided I'd like to work at a place where I could get paid to do what I love! I have a Pit Bull Mix named Cocoa that I adopted, a Boxer Mix named Goofy, a Weimaraner Mix called Haley and Cotton a Rottweiler Mix. 
 I began working at Gray Knob Kennels shortly after high school as a Bather; from there I moved to Kennel Worker and was recently promoted to Kennel Manager. As the Kennel's Manager it's my responsibility to oversee the day-to-day operations of the boarding facility, handle customer service issues, manage the kennel staff, and most of all ensure that the animals in my care are safe and well provided for. I enjoy working with the pets, clients and staff members that make up the Gray Knob Kennels family and I enjoy the daily challenges and rewards of my job.

My Name is Kylie Lee: I was raised in South Carolina but moved to Florida in 2007 where I graduated and was then blessed by the birth of my son, Ayden.  I have a Jack Russell Terrier named Angel, a Beagle named Chief and a Kitten called Whiskers.  I’ve had a passion for animals my entire life, which inspired me to find a career where I could be around animals.  I recently moved to Tennessee about 5 months ago and was given a chance to make a career out of what I love to do.  I was hired on at Gray Knob Kennels as Assistant Kennel Manager and have been welcomed and accepted by my new "family" with open arms.  I now have my dream job and would also like to learn Pet Grooming.  I’ve enjoyed learning new things about the pet care industry, getting hands on training and of course I love working with the animals.
I enjoy working at Gray Knob Kennels because everyday can be different for me and it’s so rewarding dealing with all the personalities of the furry four legged pets.  My day to day routine includes caring for the boarders by feeding, cleaning, bathing, walking and playing with them.  I supervise the Kennel Workers and ensure that all the pets receive the best care possible.  I absolutely love taking care of and becoming best friends with your animals and it’s my pleasure to pamper your pets while you are away.

No comments:

Post a Comment